Monday, February 15, 2010

Overview

I choose to do my topic about the diamond trade in Sierra Leone and the African people that get affected by it. I want to talk about the trouble they are going through in villages as well as the inequalities and persecution these people receive over these diamonds. I think this subject is essential because these diamonds effect people globally and cause death to millions. Blood diamonds have a great deal to do with global inequality and race; these are some of the core concerns about this trade nationally. I would like to get out of this a clear consensus of the glamorization that American society puts on these diamonds. For example the image hip hop artists give by promoting and wearing a tremendous amount of diamonds.
www.diamondsforafricafund.org/realdiamondfacts/conflict.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment